Preparing Your Home for a Professional Photo Shoot
"You Never Get A Second Chance To Make A First Impression"
The photo-shoot should not take any longer than two to three hours for a 1,000 to 2,000 sq.ft. home. I will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home including all major rooms and you can have a direct impact on how well your home will look in the Virtual 360° Panoramas by following the guidelines listed below.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished or decorated (bric-a-brac, artificial flowers, etc.) as they do not photograph well.
- Throw rugs and runners in hallways, kitchens, bathrooms should be removed.
- Replace all burned-out light bulbs in fixtures and lamps.
The Home Exterior
- Remove all vehicles from driveway and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage cans outside.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Remove all children's toys, bikes, etc.
- if you have a pool, remove the pole sweep, pool cleaning equipment and any pool toys.
- Mow and rake the yard the day before the photo shoot.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
The Living & Family Room
- Remove piles of newspapers and magazines.
- Hide all TV/Stereo remotes.
- Conceal all exposed cables if possible.
- Remove clutter, personal photographs, etc. from bookshelves, tables and cabinets.
- Remove trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms.
- Make sure cloths are hung or folded and put away.
- Remove items from bedside tables – books, magazines, pictures, clocks, radios, etc.
- Clean off counter tops and remove all appliances: i.e. Toasters, teapots, Knife blocks.
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- Clean the major appliances – refrigerator, oven, range hood, and wipe down all counter tops.
The Dining Room
- Set the table with your best china and dinnerware (optional)
- Add a colorful centerpiece such as candles or flowers.
- Clean off the countertops – toothbrushes, shavers, soap dishes, tissue and lotion dispensers, makeup mirrors, etc.
- Remove shampoo and other products from the shower/tub area.
- All toilet seats should be down and it closed.
- Mirror should be clean.
The Final Touches
- The pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.